Tuesday 10 September 2013

REVIEW BY MAC ROME OF THE LEGACY OF THE REDCAPE WOMEN!

Here’s a review of Zerlina Valinski's The Legacy of the Redcape Women from Crimson Frost Books. 

I was drawn to this book between the gorgeous cover and the blurb. It seemed pretty apparent that it was a new, sexy play on the Red Riding Hood story, and I love stories that put new spins on myths, legends and fairy or folk tales.

I don't want to spoil too much of Valinski's story, but I will say the concept works from beginning to the all-too-immediate end, and left me wanting to read the next book. The characters of Tasia Redcape and Conall McKnight are powerful, visceral and vibrant. I also appreciate the importance of the red cape from which the family takes its name.

I’ve always felt Red Riding Hood was one of the least fairy-oriented “fairy tales.” Only the talking wolf moves it into the realm of magic. But there’s no lack of magic in Valinski’s story

We only begin to understand what Tasia has gotten/been born into by the end of this story, but it's already clear she's bound for great challenges. I suspect Conall will be nearby ... very nearby ...

I recommend The Legacy of the Redcape Women. It's a terrific little book. I give it 5 stars.

The Witch and the Werewolf, the follow-up to this story, is coming soon from Crimson Frost Books. I’ll be watching for it.


THANKS FOR THE GREAT REVIEW! 
ZERLINA

No comments:

Post a Comment